Having Jim's mom with us has been a hoot. You never know what she is going to say, and some of it I don't dare blog. She gets stuck on certain subjects that really are not appropriate for general conversation. But hey! who am I to say!
Anyway, today we took her to an assisted living center close to where I work. She never admits to not remembering things and is the best pretender around.
Here is how it went.
Evelyn: Where are we?
Jim: We are at your new home, mom.
Evelyn: I have a new home?
Jim: Yes, remember I told you about it (he actually didn't because he knew she wouldn't remember)
Evelyn: Oh yea. This place is nice.
Jim: You have a room mate, isn't that nice?
Evelyn: I've always wanted a room mate (yea right lol)
Jim: They are getting ready to eat now, are you hungry?
Evelyn: I'm not hungry.
Jim: You said you were hungry. (she didn't really)
Evelyn: Oh yea, I did say that. I guess I'm hungry.
So she walked into the dining room, told Jim goodbye and that was that. I am totally amazed that there was no argument of any kind. Ya just never know...
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post the things she said over and over and over this past week...
1. Are those your glasses, Nanna? (they were hers... mine were always on my nose)
2. I sure like the snow but it can leave now... (uh huh)
3. I sure would like a cookie (so I'd give her a cookie - and she'd say...)
4. Why did you give me this cookie, I don't want it...
5. What kind of dog is that? (my Chihuahua)
6. He looks just like my Brandy did (a Poodle)
7. Where are your kids? (married with kids of their own)
8. I'll get out of your hair as soon as they pick me up. (we never did figure out who "they" were supposed to be.
9. Do you have anything I can do, Nanna? (so I'd ask her to do something and she would go sit down, lol)
and the number 10 thing I heard 100 times is:
10. That daddy, now, he was a lover... (and here I won't post the rest :o
The only thing bad about having her stay with us is that we got very little sleep. She gets up and wanders during the night. Several times I woke up with her poking me. So then I would wake up every time I heard any noise, thinking she was roaming to find out she was sound asleep. I'm kind of looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz