- My hubby and I went to Kindergarten together. He claims he actually had a crush on me way back then and even followed me home from school one day and got into huge trouble (I'm not sure I believe that part of it, even after all these years). He moved to a different school in third grade and we didn't hook back up again until our Sophomore year of High School. We have been together ever siince.
- I am a breast cancer survivor and PROUD of it! I treasure and thank God for each new day. I will celebrate my five years of being cancer free in April.
- My youngest daughter got pregnant when she was 15. I will never forget the challenges of trying to find a good balance between letting her be a teen and holding her responsible for the care of her child. They lived with us four years before she got married. The "baby", Travis, is now almost 13 and he and I have a very special bond.
- We built our log house ourselves, one log at a time. Jim designed the house, bought the logs from a local company and cut them the proper length with a chain saw. We had a beautiful home in the city but the country life kept calling Jim. So we sold our house and moved into an apartment for three months while we got the house under roof. We moved into the basement while we completed the house. The kids were ages 7, 5, and 1.
- I worked in state government for 31 years, with seven of them being with the Attorney General and seven with the Governor. I keep thinking I should write a book about the years in the Governor's Office.
- I have lived in the same area of Missouri my entire life.
- I love to cook. When we added on to the house, I got my dream kitchen out of the deal. I especially like baking breads, rolls, etc.
- My mom made all of my clothes until I was in high school and I used to make most of my own clothes. I don't do that anymore. I guess I've gotten lazy in my old age.
- I cannot sit still! When I am watching TV I have to at least have my hands moving. I used to crochette but now-a-days I'm usually on the computer.
- I'm pretty easy going - usually. But when I do get ticked off, I have a terrible temper and take to slamming doors and eventually stomping out of the house for a long stomping walk. Jim claims he put in heavy duty door jams because he knew how I was. Surely he is kidding...
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I got this off Blueridge Gal's blog. Usually I avoid these things but I "Honestly" didn't have anything to blog about today since I still haven't organized my vacation pictures to share. So I'll do this. I'm supposed to tell 10 true things about me and then tag someone else. I'll tell you 10 things about me (you can decide whether they are true or not) but I won't tag anyone. If you want to do it, grab the picture and GO!