Thursday, June 25, 2009

How sick were you…

I’ve not been feeling well for weeks now. 

I have Lupus and usually it just lurks in the background waiting for the right moment to attack.  And when it decides to attack – yikes!  It causes a lot of pain in many of my body’s joints and makes me just totally exhausted.  I’m usually able to keep going with a combination of a lot of rest and often pain medications.  Until yesterday.

Yesterday I hobbled out of bed (hadn’t taken any pain medications yet), showered and got ready for the day.  In the back of my mind I was thinking, “things just aren’t right”.  I had agreed to make a presentation to a local elementary school on my embroidery business – complete with pictures of the machine and samples of my work.  So I headed out for the day still thinking about the fact that I was feeling worse than normal.

Halfway through my presentation to kids age 10 through 13, I realized I was getting feverish and needed to get done quick.  Of course, they had tons of questions.  If I had felt better I would have totally enjoyed every minute of the experience.  All I could think of was the fact that I didn’t want to give these kids whatever I had.

To top that off, I had a hair appointment to get my hair cut, and getting in to the little gal that cuts my hair is tough, so I kept the appointment and warned her not to let me breathe on her.

I finally made it home, and collapsed onto the couch, head in hand.  There was not a place on my whole body that didn’t hurt.  Other than a lucid moment here and there, I didn’t come to until the middle of the night.  When I woke up I realized my fever had broke and I was feeling a lot better.

Today everything has changed.  I feel tons better – even the Lupus seems to have decided to  give me a bit of a break.  I was trying  to explain to Jim just how bad I felt and finally found just the right term to use. 

I felt so bad that I didn’t even turn on my computer.  Now  that is bad!

11 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm so sorry you felt so badly, but really glad you feel better now!!! Nothing like a bad patch to make you appreciate your health!

Hugs!

LadyStyx said...

*translates how bad you felt into terms I understand*

.oO(so bad I skipped my bike and was in bed AND asleep BEFORE midnight)

yep, that's bad. *HUGZ* Glad you feel better today.

Intense Guy said...

It sounds like you had a really horrible day yesterday :( but I am glad things seem to have "broken" and you feel better today. HUGE hugs (as a certain friend of mine says) for YOU.

I bet those kids would be totally understanding and would always welcome you back.

AliceKay said...

I'm sorry you felt so sick yesterday but glad you feel better today. *hugs* I have a distant cousin who has lupus and she's had some very rough days.

As Iggy said...I'm sure the children would welcome you back.

Tori_z said...

So bad you didn't turn on your computer? That is bad!

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. *Hugs*

The Wife O Riley said...

That sounds terrible!! I'm glad you are feeling better today. Hugs!

PetalsYoga said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better now. Lupus is such a debilitating disease, I'm so in awe of how you handle the most difficult situations with grace and dignity. You really are inspirational.

Sending you hugs,

Jan

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you are 100% better now!

#1 Normally, Thomas would NEVER allow himself to be filmed out of uniform. But we're talking about The Bella here.........and he's putty in her lil hands! So there ya go.

#2 Of course you can have the Bella for a spell! I know you'd spoil her rotten!!!! But you have to take me too........LOL!

jewelzmomof4 said...

well Mom I am glad you are feeling better. I hate when you are feeling bad.

MarmiteToasty said...

(((Deanna))) sorry to hear you have been poorly :(

big hugs

x

Yaya said...

Oh dear. I'm glad you're feeling better.