Sherri at Matter of Fact challenged her bloggy friends to share in an award by telling 7 interesting things about themselves that others didn’t already know. That’s like a double dog dare! Or like telling me I can’t do something. I just can’t walk away from a challenge. Thank you Sherri for the dare.
1. Never tell me something is too hard for me to do. I will kill myself proving you wrong. We used to have a very steep terrace here (Notice the word “used to”? It is now flower beds.) I was mowing and was close to the terrace. Hubby said “I’ll get that hun, it is too steep for you.” I don’t think so! I mowed that damn terrace and proved him wrong. And I never made the mistake of getting too close to it again.
2. I started drinking coffee because I was insecure. Yep, you heard me right. I was on my second job (only stayed with my first job three months, but that is another story). As a very unsure of myself 18 year old, I was uncomfortable on breaks because everyone else was standing around drinking coffee. So I got myself a cup and held it and pretended to drink it. Eventually I actually started taking sips until I became an official coffeaholic. (sip, sip, ahhhh)
3. I began college the year I turned 40. People told me it would be too difficult starting at that age, holding down a full time job, plus having 2 children in high school and 1 other in college already. (refer back to number one) I enrolled and proved everyone wrong by graduating 5 years later at the top of my class.
4. I flunked Geography and almost flunked History in High School. I hated it! And I always regretted it. Even though I majored in Business Administration in College, I took enough History classes to almost have a minor in History. I guess I was making up for what I squandered in High School. This is one of the many reasons I like Intense Guy's blog so much (one of the many, many reasons – it is one of the best blogs every!)
5. My mother-in-law gave me my first drink of alcohol ever – and I was only 16 at the time! Boy friend turned hubby took me to me his parents. I walked into the kitchen and the first thing his mom did was offer me a high ball. I had no clue what a high ball was, so I took it. Unfortunately, I liked it!
6. When I was a child I would hide so I could spend my time reading. My favorite hiding place was under the basement steps with a flashlight. One time the book was so interesting that I didn’t hear dad calling for dinner, and when I did finally hear him, I ignored him. I’ll always remember the whooping I got all the way up those stairs into the kitchen!
7. I have a wicked temper. I once dumped a glass of wine over hubby’s head because I was pissed. Another time I threw a shoe at him, missing him and almost taking out a beautiful set of french doors. Now that I’m more mature, I just slam doors and stomp off for a nice long walk.
So there you have it. Seven things about me that you didn’t already know (at least most of you didn’t already know). Anybody up for the challenge? If so, grab the award below and go for it!