It’s raining! THEY predicted 30% chance of rain, which means there is a 70% chance that it won’t, which means that it will. Right? Right.
Up until 5:30 last night, I had finally made it through the week without any new ditzo moments. It was a great feeling.
Then it happened – the IT that I never thought could happen to me.
I stopped to get gas. Like any normal person, I swiped my credit/debit card, chose the gas, and got the pump going. That’s when my mind wandered.
I looked off to a corner of the parking lot, and couldn’t believe my eyes.
There were ORBS and OCHAS everywhere. Those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about are missing out. You can learn more by following Intenseguy's blog. They tend to make appearances there on a regular basis. But I digress…
Obviously I had to get some photos. So while the gas was pumping, I wandered across the lot. Walking back to my car, I couldn’t help but smile at myself getting the perfect pictures.
I hopped back into my little Bug and took off.
That’s right. I hopped back into my little Bug and took off… Imagine my horror when I heard the gas hose pop out of my tank. It was too late when I slammed on my brakes. There it was laying on the concrete.
I ran inside and said something like “I just pulled a major dummy – I forgot to remove that thing before I drove off!” Oh how I knew this was going to cause a ruckus and I was going to be in deep doo doo. Apparently there is a world of ditzo’s running around, because she just rolled her eyes and said, “never mind – I’ll take care of it…”
I was too shook up to even remember to take a picture! Besides, some things just don’t need to be documented for posterity.
My only consolation is that I wasn’t one of those idiots driving around town with the hose hanging out of the tank. Come on folks, fess up – has anyone else ever done this?
Here’s what happens when you commune with nature. You already know the birds ate all my cherries. I didn’t even bother to mention that the squirrels ate every single strawberry. And now my poor flowers are paying the price. They are the perfect snack for our deer. I guess it is a small price to pay for the beauty that surrounds us.
At least the deer share – they only ate half the plant.
That’s it for today. Have a wonderful rest of the week! Cheers, peace, and all that good stuff.