Last week Intenseguy honored me with an Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.
Most of those who follow my blog, follow his. If you don’t, you are missing out. Iggy’s blog has taught me a lot about history – sometimes things I kind of already knew, and often time the odd bit that I never would have heard of if it wasn’t for his blog. And then, there are the spattering of sensitive, heart warming, and honest, it is what it is, posts. Not to play favorites, but I will have to admit his is hands down one of my favorite blogs. I guess that is the reason this award is meaningful - His opinion means a lot to me.
I'm supposed to tell you 7 random facts about myself, tag people and pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.
- I love to bake homemade goodies. There is no better scent than a freshly baked loaf of bread, or rolls, or pie, or…. well you get the picture. Although I don’t bake very much any more, for the obvious reason that the two of us don’t need all of that temptation, I still find kneading and pounding dough as a great way to work off stress and frustration. Try it sometime!
- I have an apron fetish. They fascinate me! I remember my grandma Hood always wearing an apron. She would be taking it from around her waist as she’d come out to greet us when we arrived at her house. Then the moment she went back inside, the apron would reappear around her ample girth. Man how I loved that woman!
Can you tell by looking at this picture which apron I did not make? I honestly wear them all the time. In addition to these aprons, I’ve made them for friends and my kids. They all probably think I am nuts.
- I recently completed 4 weeks (2 times a week) physical therapy for arthritis and bursitis pain. We did strengthening exercises, ultrasound, and a treatment call Iontophoresis. This treatment pulsated steroid medication directly into the painful area without the need for injections. For the first time in many years I am mostly pain free… and lovin’ it!
- If you ever tell me I cannot do something, you may well be the cause of my demise, because if I am not able to do whatever you said I can’t, I may die trying.
- I hate sauerkraut. I hate bowling. I fixed sauerkraut for Jim and a friend last week, and went bowling with Jim yesterday. True love.
- My favorite dog breed is Golden Retriever. I still miss our Goldens, Dolly Belle and Lucas, even though both have been gone for many years. However since I don’t like contending with large house pets, I now have a love/hate relationship with my demon dog Chihuahua, Whiskey. And yes, I absolutely love the little turd.
- For many years I was a secretary. Then I went to college and worked my way up the ladder to an administrator in a data center, running after the money rather than happiness. Now I am retired and work part time as a secretary (among many other hats since I am the only employee) at church. I am happier than I have been in years, once again doing what I am best at. Speaking of secretaries, in this day and age of electronics, it seems they are a dying breed. Does anyone else still know short hand? Do my younger readers even know what short hand is or looks like? (and no, I don’t mean LOL and GMTA, and U R) My mom taught it to me when I was still in grade school. When I officially learned it in high school, though, I discovered mom’s shorthand was different than what was being taught in class. I had a terrible time undoing the bad habits I had already learned! After all these years, I still write my notes in short hand. Old habits sometimes die hard (or not at all).
I am supposed to pass this award on, but sometime I don’t play by the rules (ooops that is number 8 about me). If you think this would be a fun thing to do, please grab the award and join in, because each and every one of my readers are special and irresistibly sweet. I found it fun to do a “me, me, me!” blog. Try it, you’ll like it!!!!!