I met Megan at Here I Go With All My Thoughts through the A to Z Challenge. She was always very faithful about checking back in with me each and every day to see what memory I'd be posting about. I'd try to do the same with her, although I don't believe I was quite as faithful. She too had chosen the theme of remembering, so we had something in common.
Even though Megan had just begun following my blog less than a month ago, she gave me a Very Inspiring Blogger award. I'll have to say I usually don't accept awards any more. For awhile there were so many out there, and they were flying around from blog to blog like a crazy cuckoo. But, it has been some time since I've been given an award, so I'm going to thank Megan and accept this one.
As with most awards, it came with strings attached:
1. Display award logo on blog. Done.
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award. Done
3. State 7 things about yourself.
- I am a breast cancer survivor. Nine years and counting!
- I enrolled in college when I turned 40 and graduated with a BS degree in management five years late (while working full time). During this time I discovered I love history, could ace any English/Writing class, and suck at math. I also learned how to BS with the best of them.
- The day after my last college final I had surgery on both of my feet. A bunion was removed from the big toe of one and an arthritic joint replace in the big toe of my other foot. One week later I hobbled across the stage with crutches, wearing my fancy blue surgery shoes, and accepted my diploma. No way was I going to miss that moment.
- I had my first and only panic attack a few months ago. I thought I was going to die. Really. I don't want any more of those.
- I seem to have trouble finishing anything I start. The number of projects laying around this house is testimony to that fact.
- I am responsible for our church bulletin. Even though I proof read it before sending it to the copier, I (or Jim) always find glaring errors when we are in the process of folding them. You know, when it is too late.
- I love Golden Retrievers. Will you please explain to me why I have a Chihuahua?
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
Sometimes I don't follow rules should be number 8 about me. I read many blogs and each and every one deserve this award. I wouldn't be reading their blog if they didn't. I'd love it if some or all of you would grab this award and post it on your blog. But if you don't, I understand.
The A to Z Challenge is almost over. I regret that I wasn't able to finish it. I've finally given up on trying to fix my PC by myself. I got brave and followed the repair link that Iggy provided to me and followed the directions. It started cooking. 1%, 5%, 15%, 18%, 23%, 30%... 31% complete. Then it just sat there. And sat there. It finally gave me a message that it couldn't complete the requested task. Crazy, stoopid, computer.
Thanks for the award Megan!